Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Maybeline Color Show Nail Falsies


I had never tried press on nails before, so when I spotted these at my local dollar store, I had to get them. They are called "maybelline New York color show nail falsies". Maybelline is a pretty well known brand and I really liked the design with the shinny black and silver metal outline. Here ill list what I liked and disliked about them. 

Likes:
•easy to apply. Since they are press on, you don't have to worry about nail glue or air bubbles. All you have to do is peel the adhesive and press it nail and you're good to go. 
•The design. I really like the  design and color combination. It is very simple yet it looks very nice. I'm sure that if I tried to freehand an outline on my nails, the results would not be pretty. 
•Price. I think they are great for $1. The pack also comes with 24 nails in 12 sizes, so you have a nice size selection. 
•shape and size of the nails- they come in an oval shape and the size is medium to long. 

What I disliked
•durability. These nails lasted me less than one day before they atarted to fly off. I guess they're ok for a one day manicure. 
•stick on adhesive. It was easy to apply, but the adhesive was too thick in my opinion. I could feel I was wearing fake nails and they did not feel durable. 
•shape of the nails. I listed this as something I liked, but I also disliked it because you couldn't really file them to make them shorter or else you would ruin the shape. So you have to keep that size and shape. 

Bottom line.
 I would probably not repurchase these nails. I liked the design and shape, but hated the adhesive and thief durability. I would wear them again, but use nail glue instaead. 

Have you tried these nails? Did you like them? Let me know! Comment below or leave me a comment in my social network sites: 

Also check out my youtube page where I post nail designs, and occasional recipes. You can subscribe, it's free and you can stay updated on my newest videos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment