Friday, July 10, 2015

How to put on fake nails (full length plastic nails) diy at home



I love long nails, but I can never grow my natural nails. That's why I have to rely on artificial nails to get the length I want. But getting your nails done at a salon regularly can add up to a lot of money. That's why I decided to apply fake nails myself, and save money, time and hassle of getting them done at a salon. This is how I apply fake plastic press on nails.

(I also have a post/and video on how to apply your own uv gel nails here  👉https://youtu.be/gbbs8qSRe5E)


Here are all the items I used: 

HAND SANITIZER


Sanitizing your hands and nails is the first step of any manicure and any nail application. I like to apply hand sanitizer even after washing my hands to ensure my hands and nails are clean and germ free. This also helps prevent any infection or fungus  from growing between your natural nail and the artificial nail. 

CUTICLE PUSHER AND CUTICLE REMOVER

The next step is to push back your cuticles. If you have very stubborn or tough cuticles I recommend you use a cuticle remover. I forgot to add it in the picture where I show all products, but it is the Sally Hansen instant cuticle remover. I just add a small amount around the each cuticle and let it sit there for about 10-15 second max. Then I use a cuticle pusher and viola! I like to do one hand at a time and Wash my hands afterwards to remove any product.

NAIL FILE/Nail Buffer


Gently buffing your nails is a very important  step because it removes the natural shine from your nails. This is important because it will help the fake nail adhere better to the natural nail and in turn they will last a longer time. Just be sure to not use an abrasive nail file or to over file the surface of the nail. I like to use a sanding block for the nail surface and a hard gritt nail file for shaping the nails. 

Nail Prep

This is a product that I discovered not too long ago. I was skeptical about trying it but I had heard so many things about it. I got it at Sally's beauty supply and it cost me about $8 (don't quote me on this). But trust me, it makes a huge difference on how long your nails Stay on. You spray it on a cotton and then wipe your nails after filing the surface. What it does is remove the dust, dehydrated the oil and sanitizes the nail. In my opinion this is what makes fake nails last a longer time.

FULL LENGHT ARTIFICIAL PLASTIC NAILS 
Make sure you get the full length nails that cover your whole nails. I got mine from Amazon and they were only a couple of dollars (like $4) for a pack of 500. They come in 10 sizes. Fit each nail over your fingers to make sure it it the right size for each nail.

✿NAIL GLUE 
After you find the correct size for each nail, apply a generous amount of nail glue to the fake nail. Immediately press it over your natural nail and wait about 10 seconds until the glue dries and it feels secure. You want to make sure you don't leave any air bubbles because doing so can grow fungus and bacteria. I recommend that you invest on a good nail glue because it does make a difference on how long your nails stay on. The one used I purchased sallys beauty and is by beauty secrets. It was around $5. I've had it for a couple months now and it has not clogged and I still have a lot of it left. 

✿NAIL TIP CUTTER and NAIL FILE

The last step is to cut and shape the nails. Use a tip cutter if you have one, but if you don't, a regular nail cutter works just as fine. Then use a hard gritt nail file to file and Shape the nail to however you want. Recently I've been into long square nails, so that's how I did them here. 

LASTLY, paint with your favorite nail polish or create a unique design! 
*The polish im using here is no text red by sinful colors


:)
✿I hope This was helpful to you. 
I also have a video version of this on my youtube channel, so if you're interested here is the link:
👉https://youtu.be/stBW2epedAA

✿Also feel free to subscribe to my channel where I have more videos on nail art, recipes, how to etc. 
✿Join me on these social media sites!
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/glamified92
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Glamified92
INSTAGRAM: http://goo.gl/SYQi7T
GOOGLE PLUS: http://goo.gl/VXIAhT





No comments:

Post a Comment