Tuesday, November 18, 2014

How to make lasagna without ricotta cheese - Thanksgiving recipe

Thanksgiving is next week, so you should be starting to think of what to make for that special day! While turkey is a staple meal for thanksgiving, not everyone likes it, or you might simply want to eat something else, or in addition to turkey! Lasagna is a great meal you can prepare for this festive day because it is delicious and I'm sure you whole family loves it! Here I'll show you how I make lasagna and what ingredients I use. It's very easy and it does not even require a lot of ingredients. This recepie in particular does not have ricotta cheese, which makes it in my opinion, delicious. You can add it if you wish, but I prefer not to. :p

This is a recipe serves 4-5 people. 

Here are the ingredients you'll need (you do not need to use these exact items/brands. This is just what I like and what I had available in my kitchen): 
•1 jar of Pasta Sauce - I used classico traditional flavor
•Lasagna noodles -I used market pantry oven ready lasagna. They do say oven ready, but I still like to boil them. I have tried not boiling them, and they come out hard and don't like them that way. I only used half of the box. To prepare, just boil some water in a small pan. Once boiling, add the noodles and they should be ready in about 10 minutes or until they are no longer standing straight and are soft. 
•Mozzarella cheese - the one I used is sunny side farms shredded. You can also get a whole block of mozzarella cheese and girt it yourself. 
•Part skim milk cheese - I used Casique queso fresco. It comes in a round plastic. Just cut it open and crumble the whole thing and mix with mozzarella shredded cheese. 
•1 can of tomato sauce - I used Del monte tomato sauce. This is optional, but I like to add it because I like my lasagna to have a lot of sauce rather than being dry. I once tried using another brand and did not like the taste of it. This is the only ingredient that I would recommend using this brand.
•Italian sausage - the one I used is the Johnsonville Italian sausage hot. They also come in links and also have mild. This is just what I had but you can use any Italian sausage you like. I do not add any seasonings because Italian sausage already has flavor to it, but you can if you want to. If you don't like Italian suave, feel free to use ground beef, but with this you would need to use seasonings! 
•you'll also need an oven safe baking dish and of course, an oven...hehe. Since I made a small lasagna, I used my toaster conventional oven which worked just fine :)





To see a video version of this recepie and see how I assembled the lasagna, check the video below! And don't forget to subscribe to my channel 
✿ Please like + subscribe: http://goo.gl/qrclLV
-youtube.com/glamified92

Watch video in English:
Watch video in Spanish:
 



Hope you try out this lasagna. I'm sure you'll like it πŸ˜‹πŸ’•


✿Join me on these social media sites! 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/glamified92
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Glamified92
Instagram: instagram.com/glamified92
Google Plus: http://goo.gl/VXIAhT

No comments:

Post a Comment