Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Thanksgiving Turkey Nails 2014 *New*



Thanks giving is less than two weeks away!!! Turkey's have been a staple main meal to celebrate this holiday for a long time! Therefore this nail design is inspired by a symbol that represents a day to give thanks; a turkey. Hope you like this design. It is very simple  but looks awesome and is a perfect autumn design!


Here are the items I used: 





Revlon Colorstay-Bare Bones (this is the beige nail polish. I used this as the main base color for all of my nails. It is a great light tan color. I did have to apply 2-3 coats for the color to show completely) 

Sinful Colors - Coffee (This is the Brown nail polish. I used this to create the body and head of the turkey). 

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - white on 
This white polish was used with a plotting tool for te turkey eyes. 

Kleancolor - Neon Yellow 
I used this with the dotting tool to create the turkey's beak. While I don't like this nail polish as a base color because it takes forever to dry, I only like to use it for small detail designs. 

Sinful Colors - sugar sugar
This shimmery red polish was used for the turkey's snood. I used the small side of the dotting tool with a bit of this polish and draged it down the side of of the beak. I used this red in particular because it has hints of shimmer, which would help make the snood stand out better then of it were a plain red polish.

Dotting tool 
I used this handy tool for the head of the turkey, the eyes, the beak and the snood. If you don't already own one, I highly recommend you get one. They are very useful and versatile! I got mine on Amazon, it came in a pack of 5 with different sizes for about $2 (I can't remember the exact prize but this sounds close enough) 

Top coat - Unforgettable Moments 
I applied the topcoat after I finished painting the turkey's body. I applied a thick coat so that it would dry less fast. I used it to serve as an adhesive to that the glitter would stick. I got this at a store called Big Lots. It was .80 and I love it! 

Yellow, orange and red hexagon Glitter 
I used hexagon glitter for the turkey feathers. The colors I used were yellow, then orange and finally red. I basically placed them around the turkey in the order I mentioned using a toothpick to pick them up and the topcoat that I previously applied to make them stick. I got it at dollar tree last year but I'm sure they still sell them. They came in 6 small bottles with different colors. They are very shinny and I did not have a problem with them bleeding their color like some other glitter I've used in the past. 

And that's it folks! These are all the items I used for my thanksgiving turkey nails. I hope you like them and give this design a try! If you do please share it with me @glamified92 or #glamified92 on twitter, Instagram, Facebook, google plus or even on youtube! 

Check out my youtube: youtube.com/glamified92
Subscribe: http://goo.gl/qrclLV

Watch the video for this nail design:

Let me know what you think! Comment below or stay in touch with me:
✿Join me on these social media sites!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/glamified92
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Glamified92
Instagram: http://goo.gl/SYQi7T
Google Plus: http://goo.gl/VXIAhT


No comments:

Post a Comment