Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Maybeline Colorshow Nail Tattoos - The Lower East Side Collection

I recently spotted these maybeline Colorshow nail tattoos at my local dollar tree and I had to buy them to try them out. I had never tried nail tattoos before and I was excited to try these. Unfortunately, this was the only design the had but I love it! Application was super easy and I was so happy with how they turned out! And for the price, they are a steal, so I recommend you pick some up if you are still able to find them at your local dollar tree store! 

The nail tattoos look like this 👆
One package has 20 nail tattoos an they come in different sizes to fit all nails. I loved all the designs and how easy they were to apply. These are all the things I used: 

•nail tattoos 
•base nail polish color. I used a white nail polish (Sally Hansen Xtreme wear white) but you can use any color you want. I would just recommend that it is a light color so that the designs stand out more. 
•cotton round 
•water 
•optional (topcoat) 

Step 1: The first thing you need to do is choose a base color and paint all of your nails. I chose a white nail polish. You need to wait until the polish completely drys before preceding to the next step. 
Step 2: open the package and choose the designs you like. Tear them out, but don't remove the plastic cover yet. Place the design over your nail to make sure it will fit. I chose this orange bandana looking design, and since it is one of the biggest sized designs, I used it for my thumb.


Step 3: After you've made sure the nail tatto fits your nail, remove the plastic. It will be sticky. Place it over your nail with te colored side facing the nail. Press it to make sure it is completely covering your nail.
Step 4: Now you'll need to dip the cotton round in some water until it is damp and place it over your nail for approximately 30 seconds.

Step 5: Finally, the last step is to remove the paper to reveal the nail tattoo and voila! You will now have an awesome nail desin that looks intricate and time consuming, but was not! Repeat to the rest of the nails and that conopetes your manicure using nail tattoos.

I hope you like this blogpost! Please let me know if you have tried these or other nail tattoos and if you have been able find these at your dollar store! 

You can also check out my youtube channel to see a video version of this nail look, and subscribe while you're there if you want to! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment