Monday, August 5, 2013

🐳Cute summer mermaid nails

I love summer because being on school vacation means that I can stay home and watch movies all day long. Just recently, I re-watched Aquamarine after not having seen it for several years, and I was glad I came across it on the movie menu! Emma Roberts (who plays the mermaid) wears this beautiful mermaid tail, which is the inspiration for this nail look.
This design is very easy and  fast to do. It is a gorgeous, sparkling eye catching design that is perfect for the summertime, and you can easily recreate it yourself!


Here's what you'll need:
➡Base and top coat (I used orly top2bottom base and topcoat)
➡Blue polish (revlon colorstay-280 blue slate) I used this as the base color for a my nails.
➡Holographic blue/green polish (Sally Hansen HD-13 resolution. I used this color to create a gradient with the blue nail polish. 
➡Q-tip. I used it to blend the blue and holographic polis together. 


For the mermaid pattern I used:
➡Konad stamper and scraper
➡Bundle monster image plate 209- net design. It is a full image design that I stamped over the entire nail on all my nails
➡Black polish (Kleancolor -black) I used this to stamp the design in my nails.
➡Iridescent glitter (I got this at Walmart for like $2) this is what made the look more fun and mermaid like. After applying top coat I used my finger to pick up some glitter and transferring it to my nails)

➡I also used nail polish remover to clean excess nail polish on my skin, konad stamper and scraper, and stamping plate. 


I really hope you like and try this nail design. It is so fun and sparkly! 

*****To see a video tutorial of this look, check out my video below.



You can also check out my channel and subscribe if you want to to see more videos like this!
My Youtube channel: youtube.com/glamified92

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment