Monday, August 5, 2013

Dolphin in waves nails


This gorgeous nail look was inspired by the beautiful waves of the sea and one of its most adorable creature; the dolphin. It is a great summer nail look that also features the ombré look which is trending right now!


This design may look very difficult  and time consuming but it really isn't!

These are the things I used:
Base color:
White nail polish (Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear- 300 White on ) I used white as the base color on all my nails. I like to do this so that the colors I use for sponging will show more vibrant. 

For sponging (make sure the white base is completely dry before proceeding):
Cosmetic triangle shaped sponge 
Mint nail polish ( Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear- 340 mint sorbet)
Blue nail polish (Sally Hansen insta dry- blue by!)
*I added a generous amount of the mint nail polish to the sponge and then applied the blue nail polish overlapping them on the center. I then sponged on to all my nails. You need to reapply paint after each finger.
Q-tips and acetone i used these to clean my fingers because nail polish will get on your fingers when sponging!

For the dolphin and waves nail art:
Konad stamper and scraper
Dolphin stamping design Image plate M-71
Waves stamping design bundle monster BM-216. I don't think this image is meant to be a wave. It is a French tip design but it just reminded me of waves so I thought I would use it as such.
Black stamping polish (Kleancolor black). I used this to stamp the dolphin image on the center of each of my finger after making sure that the gradient created through sponging was completely dry. 
White stamping polish (konad white special polish). I used this to stamp the wave image on the tips of all my fingers. 


*****To see a video tutorial of this look, check out my video below.

You can also check out my channel and subscribe if you want to to see more videos like this!
My Youtube channel: youtube.com/glamified92

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment