Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Tribal gradient nails - Fall 2015 nail art stamping design

 
Hey everyone! Its been a while since my last nail design, but I wanted to share with you this super easy nail art idea. This is a nail stamping design, so no fancy brushes or other complicated tools are needed. I wasnt sure what to call it, but it reminds me of a tribal nail design and the ombre gradient makes it so much fun and colorful. I hope you like it and try it our yourself. If you do, dont forget to share it with me @glamified92 on instagram, twitter, google+, youtube or here on the blog.
 
Here is a list of all the items I used to make this design:
(remember, you do not need to use these exact same items/bands. Im just showing what I used :)
 
 
  • Top Coat - Wet n wild (wild shine).
    • Top coats are always good to use not only to add shine to the final design, but it can also be used as a base coat to protect your natural nails from staining and it helps make your mani last longer. I like to apply one coat as a base coat and one as a top coat when I am all done with my design.

  • White nail polish - (Wet n Wild)
    • Whenever I am doing a gradient/sponging design, I like to paint a white base over my nails. Having white as a base makes the colors you will use as your gradient stand out and be more vibrant. I applied two coats becasue this particular white polish was a bit streaky.

  • Cosmetic Sponge (from dollar store)
    • You will need a cosmetic sponge that you dont mind tossing aftewrwards. You will use it to apply your nail polishes that you want to use for your gradient and then sponging it to your nails. Any cosmetic sponge will work great.

  • 3 Nail polishes of your choice for the gradient.
    • I chose a blue (Sally Hansen insta dry - Blue bye!), purple (kleancolor love affair) and a pink (spoiled wet and wild).
    • Basically what you do next is apply the nail polishes to the sponge. In my case I applied the purple, then the pink and finally the blue on the sponge.
    • Next, pat the sponge with the nail polish up and down on each finger nail until you are happy with the gradient. You can repeat and add more layers of polish to the sponge if necessary.

  • Stamper Scraper and image plate (Stamper and scraper are from Konad, the image plate is from Bundle monster and the design is from BM 204)
    • After your gradient is all dry, you can apply the image stamp. Use white stampng nail polish over the tribal design from the image plate BM 204. Then use the scraper over the plate and quickly transfer the image to the stamper. Align the stamper with thte image to your nail and roll over the nail. You have to be somewhat fast on this step or else the polish on the stamp or stramper will dry and will not transfer to the stamper or to your fingernail.
    • Finish by cleaning around the cuticles with a cotton swab dipped in polish remover and applying your favorite top coat.





✿I hope This was helpful to you.

I also have a video version of this on my youtube channel, so if you're interested here is the link:https://youtu.be/hJYnSlIRYVI
 

SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL:

✿Join me on these social media sites!
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/glamified92
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Glamified92
INSTAGRAM: http://goo.gl/SYQi7T
GOOGLE PLUS: http://goo.gl/VXIAhT

No comments:

Post a Comment